Friday, August 12, 2011

Contemplating

This blog has sat empty for a number of months.  It has been painful for me to even post here.  My emotions are running all over the spectrum lately when it comes to midwifery.  This is my life.  This is what motivates me and moves me.  And yet, I am starting to think that I am going to have to give it up. 

There does not seem to be an apprenticeship coming my direction any time soon. I cannot afford to keep making the tuition payments at MCU. The idea of traveling for school has crossed my mind, but after discussing it with my partner, it just doesn't seem as though that is ever going to happen either. 

It is truly breaking my heart.  I find myself losing my motivation to do *anything*, not just midwifery stuff.  As I feel this dream slip from my hands, I find myself thinking, 'Why bother?' What is the point in making my life into what I want it to be, if there is nothing to work toward?

Not trying to be a bummer here.  Just trying to face the facts. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a member of the MANA student list? If not, you should join. You don't have to be a MANA member to join - just look for it on Yahoo Groups. Recently, there have been a TON of apprenticeship opportunities coming down the pipeline. I don't know if there are any where you live or if you're able to relocate, but you should read the recent archives (especially the last 1-2 months) and see if anything comes through for you. This is tough, I know. But I wish you the best of luck with everything.

aarongrey112 said...

Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates